I absoloutely love music. It is a passion for me, like it I am sure it us for so many of you! So I thought I would create this little piece of cyberspace, to share this with whoever would care to have a nosy!

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Total Brain Format - New 'New Disorder' Material

Album Review – New Disorder – Total Brain Format
I am not sure how many of you have heard of New Disorder, but if this is your first time, then you are in for an ear busting treat. Imagine metal crossed with soul crossed with punk, crossed with Brit pop. Sounds incredulous, don’t believe me? You will have to give it a listen!
The album kicks in with the fast paced ‘(What’s Your Aim?) Call It Insanity’. The haunting and creepy vocals match the system of down-esque guitars and drums perfectly. Following this epic beginning is ‘A Senseless  Tragedy (Bloodstreams)’. Big, brash and beautiful. It has a real sense of feeling that so many metal bands are missing these days. I would like to imagine that when New Disorder do this live it gets to the crowd with a passion like when Metallica perform ‘One’ and Maiden ‘Fear of the Dark’.
‘Bitch On My Wall’ has straight up guitars and melodies, with a lead up to chorus that is so good I could listen to it on a loop for hours. ‘Drown’ and ‘Just A Mind Failure’ has an early 90’s grungy feel reminiscent of Alice in Chains and better than Soundgarden
‘Escape part III’ and ‘Judgement Day’ burst into being with raw, energetic and relentless riffs,  which are remindful of early Muse. Next up is ‘Lost In London’ which reeks of old style British punk music. Fantastic. This album clearly has so many influences; it doesn’t know which way to turn next.
‘Loves Kills Anyway’ and ‘The Perfect Time’ have powerful lyrical statements which compliment the heavy drums and epic vocals.  The latter is, to me, the stand out track on the album. It has a familiar and emotional feeling, yet still rocks with some hard ass lyrics.
New Disorder knows how to rock and with that knows how to do a rock ballad. ‘Nevertheless’starts off real slow but builds up to what is surely going to become a classic. The album comes to a close with ‘Youthopia’. At first I thought it was actually Brian Molko. The track is so verysimilar to teenage angst that I had to play it twice. It is, however, possibly better with New Disorder adding their own distinct edge.

Reviewed by Samantha Whitham

No comments:

Post a Comment